(as of Nov 24,2022 02:54:07 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
Makes 3–4 Bombs
Geodes are sparkly rock formations that come from deep within the earth, where they form slowly over thousands of years. Thankfully, these little beauties don’t take quite as long to make and they smell as good as they look.
1) Follow the bath bomb instructions on page XX using spherical molds.
2) Using a 2¾-inch (7 cm) half-sphere mold, press a ½ inch (13 mm) layer of bath bomb mix into the mold. The sides should be higher than the center, like a hollowed out half sphere, and the edges should be a bit ragged. Allow to dry completely before proceeding.
3) Next, add a few drops of oil to 1 tablespoon of silver mica. Stir until a thin paste forms, and use it to paint the outside of the bomb. Once dry, add 1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt and distribute it evenly, all the way to the edge of the bomb.
4) Next, use 12 drops of liquid color per 2 tablespoons of coarse sea salt, and mix well to distribute the color. Add this sea salt to the center of the bomb.
5) Pour the coconut oil over the sea salt to bind it together. Let harden and add ½ teaspoon of eco glitter to complete the look.
2¼ cups (497 g) baking soda 1¼ cups (288 g) granular citric acid ¼ cup (24 g) cornstarch ½ cup (120 ml) oil 1 teaspoon canyon spice fragrance ½ teaspoon liquid colors of your choice 1 teaspoon fractionated coconut oil ½ teaspoon eco glitter
Publisher : Rock Point (August 7, 2018)
Language : English
Hardcover : 144 pages
ISBN-10 : 1631064622
ISBN-13 : 978-1631064623
Item Weight : 1.25 pounds
Dimensions : 7.13 x 0.75 x 9.25 inches